Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Roadside Sweet Shops on Cuttack - Bhubaneswar Road

These photos were taken on a Nokia 6600 in early May 2006. There are a large number of sweet shops on the road between Cuttack & Bhubaneswar. They sell Oriya sweets, mostly Chenapadha (cottage cheese cake), Salepur Rasagolla, a kind of rasagolla from Salepur town (Very different from the Bengalli type), and other sweets. I love eating in these shops and normally stop there everytime we visit my grand mother (maternal) in Cuttack.


My mother checking out the sweets on sale.




Salepur Rasagollas



More shops

 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Radeeh kollam said...

Hi very intersting fotos taken from a mobile.
Good PoV and use of low light conditions .
I too had some fotos of Bhubaneswar posted in Trekearth with my Nokia http://www.trekearth.com/members/RADEEH/photos/

Gautam Satpathy said...

Thanks Radeeh. I checked out your photos on TrekEarth. They were great! I must become a member and post to that forum. It will be nice to hear what people have to say about my pictures.

- Gautam